This is a secure application. An application must be completed for each person in the household that qualifies for SFMNP benefits. Applicants must reapply every year. You can apply for next year’s program any time after January 1st. To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Age - person must be 60 years of age or older the day of application, AND
- Income level - recipients’ gross household income (income before taxes) must not exceed the following limits:
$1,634.00 monthly……for a household of ------1
$2,203.00 monthly……for a household of ------2
$2,772.00 monthly……for a household of ------3
$3,341.00 monthly……for a household of ------4
$3,911.00 monthly……for a household of ------5
$4,480.00 monthly……for a household of ------6
(Household: a group of related or non-related individuals living together as one economic unit. These amounts are at 165% of 2016-2017 Federal Poverty Guidelines.)
| By checking this box, you are confirming you are 60 years of age or older on the day of the application. If you are not 60 years old, you are not eligible and you may not apply. Persons under the age of 60 who proceed and complete the application are subject to fraudulent charges and criminal prosecution.
| By checking this box, you are confirming your gross household income (income before taxes) does not exceed the limit based on the number of individuals in your household.
| By checking this box, you are confirming you understand that no person is “entitled” to Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program checks, i.e. the budget does not allow enough checks to satisfy everyone who wants them and is eligible.
- Must have Internet Explorer 6 or higher to complete form (Upgrade Internet Explorer).
- When you are entering information in the form below please do not enter punctuation, symbols or excess spaces. (i.e. no periods or commas)
- We suggest completing this application on a computer as it may not be accessible on all mobile devices.
- Please be very careful and ensure that the senior applicant’s address is the correct mailing address. If you move before receiving your SFMNP coupons, you must notify us of your new mailing address. Otherwise, you will not receive SFMNP coupons this year. If you move before receiving your SFMNP coupons, please contact the Farmers Market Authority office and do not enter another application.
- After submitting the application, the applicant will receive one of two messages. For applicants that submitted an application with an email address, you will receive one of two possible confirmation email messages:
- Your application has been successfully submitted, or
- You do not meet the eligibility requirements. Therefore, your application has been rejected.
If you think an error has been made on the application, please contact our office at 334-240-7247 or toll free at 877-774-9519. Do not submit another application.
All three boxes must be checked (above) before you can continue.